Lets create a safe future for next generation
Lets make upcycling fashionable
Lets move towards a zero waste lifestyle
Don't wait, be an Upcyclist!!
Here are few household level DIY Hacks for you.
Try it out and share your experience with us at email@example.com or on our social media pages.
How to make a tin can lantern?
- A tin can of any size
- Clean the outer sticker, if any, by soaking it in soap water and scrubbing it out neatly.
- Fill the can with water till the top and keep it in the freezer overnight. (Leaving it longer might change the shape of the can)
- Once the water turns to ice, keep the tin can on a thick towel in a horizontal position.
- Start hammering small holes on the surface of the can in any design you wish to make.
- If you want to make shapes like circle/heart/stars, draw it with a marker before freezing the can. Once the holes are done, leave the can out in the sun and let the ice melt.
- Wipe the can dry with a cloth and paint it using fabric or oil colours.
- Put a wire as handle, burn a diya/tealight inside the can and enjoy the beautiful lantern.