Lets move towards a zero waste lifestyle
Recycling is recovering a product that has been used and processing it to make newer version of the same product. Example is the books you recycle. You either sell then or use its pages for rough work purpose or paperboard for use in packaging. Recycling can happen over and over again and depending on the item. Recycling tends to involve a mechanical or chemical process to create a new material.
Upcycling is using various different products to make something new, but not the same product again. Until, you are adding value, unless the new item is worth more than the material it was made from, it is not up cycling. . Up cycling tends to focus on retaining the value of the material in the state that it is in. For example, an old empty wine bottle if cut and polished and etched can become a beautiful glass, vase, candle holder or light fixture.
Upcycling, also known as creative reuse, is the process of transforming by-products, waste materials, useless, or unwanted products into new materials or products of better quality or for better environmental value
Down cycling involves converting materials and products into new materials of lesser quality. Most recycling involves converting or extracting useful materials from a product and creating a different product or material.
The environmental benefits of up cycling are mammoth, aside from minimizing the volume of discarded materials and waste being sent to landfill each year, it also reduces the need for production using new or raw materials which means a reduction in pollution.
1. It’s greener than recycling.
2. Upcycling stirs up your creative spirit.
3. You throw away less stuff.
4. It decreases your bottom line.
5. Upcycling allows you to practice your skills with new materials?
6. You can add a new personal touch to your products.
7. You celebrate history in each of your creations
8. You’ll attract a new customer base.
9. You can get attention by sharing what you’ve done.
10. You can feel good about yourself
Lets create a safe future for next generation
Lets make upcycling fashionable